It has been a few months since I have been able to work on Jennifer’s Deals. There had been a lot going on in my personal life, that I had to take a step back. My father was terminally ill and I had to take care of him and work full time…while being a mommy and WIFE! Yes, I have gotten married! That is the one good thing that has happened to me over the past few months.
Can you believe that is is December the 3rd?! I can’t! This year has just flown by! When I look back on this past year, I realize that I have been through so much. My faith was tested. I was severely depressed. I pulled through the dark times and I am now becoming a totally different person compared to who I was a year ago. If you have followed what has happened over the past year, then you know all about my EX husband cheating on me with my best friend. Yea, rough, huh? But you also know how I have grown into a very strong and independent woman. Go me!
On another note, I want to take a second and share some of my favorite moments throughout this year in PICTURES! Get ready to be overrun by some cuteness!
This is my daughter Amberly and Cayden. We got a new puppy and this was one of the first pictures I took with the new addition to the family. The first thing that I am loving about this moment is the chocolate face. The second thing is how curious Cayden looks.
This picture is the first picture I took with my boyfriend. At first, I was a little bit hesitant on whether or not I wanted to start a relationship but now looking back on it, I am so glad that I did. I have never been with a man that has treated me the way he has. I feel like a queen every single day. I do not deal with the mental abuse anymore. My whole vibe in my home is completely different. I am happy.
What have been some of your favorite moments throughout this year? Feel free to share your memories and pictures!
This post was created in partnership with eAccountable. All opinions are my own.
The independent music scene in Canada is alive and well! Over 80 TuneCore Artists took the stage last week at NXNE in Toronto. With Canada in the spotlight, TuneCore caught up with Montreal-based electronic dance music duo, Adventure Club.
TuneCore is the premier digital music distribution company with one of the largest music catalogs in the world. TuneCore has a lot to offer!
- You get an easy-to-use, affordable digital solution to get your music distributed worldwide to top stores like iTunes, Amazon MP3, Spotify, Google Play, and more for an annual, flat fee.
- You get detailed sales and daily iTunes, Spotify and Amazon MP3 reports.
- Artists receive 100% of net gain on all sales
- You get a TuneCore Media player for the specific purpose of promoting your single/album release (can share it on social media sites, domain, blog, etc.)
- Weekly trend reports from itunes + official music sales reports from all stores selling your songs (critical if you want to have an effective marketing plan)
- Partnered with all the big digital co.’s like iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Amazon MP3, Simfy & Deezer (Currently in 74 digital stores)
- Will collect publishing royalties for you, including mechanicals and public performance rights for a one-time payment of $75.00 (see chart below for more deets)
- 24 hour Customer Service Response
TuneCore has developed a vast international reach, illustrated by the successful launch of TuneCore Japan, and the addition of KKBOX, the largest provider of digital music subscription services in Asia, to its partner network. In 2014, TuneCore Music Distribution has added a new store every month, bringing artists access to over 80 of the most popular digital stores worldwide.
We all have them. Guilty Pleasures. Don’t have any clue what I am talking about? A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. Yes, I have a ton and a majority is a secret! Hence GUILTY PLEASURE. But I am going to brave the scrutiny and list my ten guilty pleasures!
- Bingo Blitz. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy playing this little game on Facebook. I will turn down the volume so nobody can hear the game because if they knew how long I will sit and play Bingo Blitz they would think I have some serious problems. I have passed a couple hours playing this game!
- Keeping up with the Kardashians. I can’t get enough of them. I have seen every single episode. I know sad, but I find them very entertaining. Want to know who my favorite one is? Kourtney. Want to know what I also do? I will look over all the different “entertainment” magazines and look at all the stories about them and see if any matches up with the reality T.V. show.
- I love watching The Walking Dead. Okay, I don’t care if this is a guilty pleasure. I enjoy every single second of The Walking Dead. I will stalk their Facebook to find out any kind of new news about this show! Who is a Walking Dead fan?!
- Sleeping in. I absolutely love having the chance to sleep in until 10-11. This does not happen very often (usually on the weekends, when I am off work and the kids are at their Dad’s house). It just feels so good to lie in bed and not have to worry about having to get up to take care of any kids or turn off the alarm clock.
- Drama on Facebook. Even though I hate being in any sort of drama in any part of my life, I find enjoyment when I find some on Facebook. I can just sit back and watch the craziness happen.
- Watching love song clips of my favorite T.V. shows/movies on YouTube. You know the fan made videos that have a love song and features different scenes of the couple throughout the video. My all time favorite videos to watch like this are of Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl. I am still sad that this show is over. Boo hoo! I miss watching my Chuck and Blair.
- I love going to yard sales and thrift store. I absolutely love finding a good deal! It makes me so giddy that it is yard sale season!
- I get a kick out of being a smartass. You know the feeling you get when somebody is being a total pain in the butt and you just show how much of your wit you can use? I do this all the time with my soon to be ex and the home wrecker. I LOVE the feeling I get when I come back with a smartass remark and know he can’t beat it. I know, I am bad.
- I hate to admit this one. But I love hogging all the blankets at night. I am so comfortable if I have the majority of the blankets. Don’t ask me why? I have no clue and I am sure my wonderful loving boyfriend hates this guilty pleasure of mine.
- Couponing. I love using coupons and saving a ton of money! Even though, I had to cut back on couponing over the past year, I still love it! I am hoping to get more time to start focusing on couponing again. With all the changes in my life this past year, it is hard to find the time to REALLY start couponing like I use to.
So, there you go, 10 of my guilty pleasures. Now sound off in the comments! What are some of YOUR guilty pleasures?
I have always heard when one door closes another door opens. When I think about this, I am not sure if I really believed in this. But after my life changed dramatically at the end of February, I am a firm believer. Things really do happen for a reason. When I first found out about my husband of 8 years having an affair, I thought my world was ending. I did not know what I was going to do to survive and take care of my three kids. I thought it was going to be impossible to raise 3 children on my own. I went into a spiral. I was depressed. I could not eat or sleep and was sick all day and night long. I was losing control of myself. I had people constantly calling me, sending me messages and just being at the house with me and nothing was helping. I knew that I was losing control.
Then one morning I woke up and didn’t want to lose control anymore. I went to my doctor and told him what was going on and how I was feeling. Of course, he told me that I was suffering from major depression along with severe anxiety. Since that day, I have felt so much better. It took about a month to get back on my feet and oh how things have changed.
Now I have always been a believer of Karma. I thought that I did something to deserve this pain. Was I this horrible person who deserved my husband cheating with my best friend? Was I a horrible mother? Was I ugly? Too fat? There were so many thoughts racing through my mind. But let me tell you something! It IS NOTHING THAT I HAVE DONE! I am not a horrible person, a horrible mother. I am NOT FAT OR UGLY! I am me. And I am proud to be me!
Now back to the one door closes another one opens. What I didn’t realize is that many doors opened that night when I found out. First one that opened was my independence. I don’t have to answer to a man that only cares about himself. I can focus on my kids and ME. Finally after all these years! The door to a job that I love opened! I am currently working at a chiropractor’s office and I LOVE IT! I love helping patients (without the use of surgery or drugs). I love marketing and being a chiropractor’s assistant! I like going in to work! I have never had that feeling before. Now, during my marriage, I went to school for Health Care Administration and never received any emotional support to use my degree to better our lives. He is definitely regretting that decision right now! I know that for a fact!
Love is another door that has opened. I thought I was in love with my husband. Sure, I loved him..at one point. For years, I just pushed my true feelings about him in the back of my mind and just forgot about them. I was comfortable. I was supposed to be in love with him. I married him! We were young when we got married. We were 18 and 19 when we got married And on top of that, I was 8 months pregnant! When I think back on it, I believed our parents beliefs pushed us to get married and we just stuck with each other all of these years. Now that I am out of this marriage, I have found a love that I didn’t know existed. I have a man that takes care of me and my children. A man that treats me like a queen. A man that acts like I am the only woman out there. My heart loves him so much I don’t even know how to act half of the time. I can’t wait to see him at the end of the day. I can’t wait to go to sleep next to him and him just hold me all night long. He listens to me. I never had that either. My soon to be EX husband, never truly listened to me. He always told me that he did not want to hear it. I was bitching too much. And all I ever wanted to do was express my feelings. I think that is why I started Jennifer’s Deals. To have a place where I could truly express my feelings.
Another door that has opened is happiness. I am happy. Very happy. Adam cheating was the best thing to ever happen to me. It opened up my happiness. I want to go out now and have fun. I don’t feel like I should sit in the house all day long and just play Mommy all the time. I am happy now because I make time for myself. I rarely did this when I was married. My focus was all about my children and him. I know..what a life?! I laugh all the time. My boyfriend constantly makes me laugh and I enjoy him. I can also enjoy my children more. I don’t feel worn out all the time. I feel like a human being that matters. And that is the best feeling.
I thought I would never get a divorce. I thought I was happy. After finding out my husband of 8 years but technically been together for 10 years was having an affair with my best friend (You can read about what exactly happened by reading this update!) I was devastated. I thought my world was ending. I thought that I was not going to make it through. But after 3 months, I have learned a lot about myself.
I am currently starting the process of filing for a divorce. Man, getting a divorce is HARD. I never in a million years thought that I would be divorcing my husband. I thought we was happy. Sure, we had our rough patches but what couple doesn’t? I did not think it was at a point to where my husband would cheat…or cheat with my so called best friend. There are a few things that I have learned through this process. These are the very important life lessons I am learning.
- I am strong. I always thought that I needed my husband. I thought I wouldn’t be able to survive without him. I. WAS. WRONG. I am very strong. I don’t need him for anything. I am actually doing BETTER without him.
- Karma is a B*tch! This has always been my motto. I try my hardest NEVER to do people wrong because it always comes back on you. Since finding out about the affair, things have gotten pretty grim for my soon to be ex husband and her. They could no longer afford their nice apartment and had to move in her mother’s trailer that needs A LOT of work done to it. He lost his good paying job and ended up asking my boyfriend to help him get a job. Oh, how the table have turned.
- There is love out there for me. True love. The kind of love where you can’t stop thinking about each other and go out of your way to make them happy. The kind of love that will BETTER your life and not bring you down. The kind of love that is equal. Yes, I have found that kind of love and I have never been happier. It was under my nose the whole time. I am treated like a woman, like a queen, like I matter.
- I can be successful. Shortly after I found out about the affair, I landed a job in the field that I have always wanted to be in and I am good at what I do. I LOVE my job and helping people!
- I am a good mother. People on his side have started to put out in the world that I am not a good mom. This has only made me work harder for my children and show people that they have always been number one in my life. I can provide my children with things now that I couldn’t then because I am not selfish with my money and I don’t put my own ways before my children…unlike before when he was still here.
- It’s okay to be angry/upset. There are times when I lose control of my feelings and want to beat the holy crap out of her. In the beginning, this would make me feel bad. Why? I have no clue. But I have came to terms that my strong DISLIKE of this homewrecker is okay. It is normal and I am going to have my bad days.
- Divorce is hard and it takes a lot out of you.
- I don’t need a man to survive but it is nice to have a caring man at your side that HELPS you and does not bring you down.
- Trust. Trust is a major issue now and I have to learn that not everybody is out to get me. There are trust worthy people out there, I just have to find them.
- It is okay to let go of a huge chunk of your life that is no longer working out. I will survive. I WILL SURVIVE.
This post was created in partnership with eAccountable. All opinions are my own.
Artist, singer and trending Internet star Kendall Schmidt is choosing TuneCore music publishing to release his new band Heffron Drive’s debut album and first single “Parallel”. Now available on iTunes, the album was played live at multiple showcases this month during the SXSW music festival in Austin, TX.
Kendall Schmidt, star of Nickelodeon’s hit television series “Big Time Rush,” announced today that the first single from his band Heffron Drive (with Guitarist Dustin Belt) will be available worldwide through TuneCore Music Distribution. The highly anticipated song, “Parallel,” will be released for streaming and download beginning March 25th across major platforms including iTunes, Spotify and Rhapsody. Fans can pre-order the single now on iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/parallel-single/id835092561.
It has been a month… a month since my husband told me about his affair with my best friend. Yes, you read that right. I was heartbroken and felt a million different levels of betrayal. It has been a month since my world changed in so many ways that I did not even see coming. At first, I was inconsolable. I went out of my mind. I told him to get his things and leave. He crossed a line that will never be uncrossed and so did my so called best friend. Just a couple of days later, he had an apartment and moved her in. My heart broke into a million pieces and I didn’t think I was going to pull myself out of the deep dark hole I was falling in.
When I first found out, I left. I went to her house to face the one person that I thought was my best friend. The one person that I trusted with my secrets. She would not come out of her house. She said through the door that she was too ashamed to face me. This past month, I have had several different emotions towards her. First was extreme anger. The kind of anger where I could have hurt her. Then it went to sadness. I missed her with every being of my body. I missed our conversations and inside jokes. I missed hanging out with her. Then it went back to anger. Then to I don’t really care about her. Then to sadness and back to I hate her. Right now, I only feel betrayal when I think about her or see her with my soon to be ex-husband.
After just a month, I am totally different person. I do not think the same. I do not see the world the same. I see a different light that has changed me. I thought that my world had ended, but it really just began. I was set free. I am free. I was married to my husband for 8 years but have been with him for nearly 10 years. He told me several times that he was sorry and that I deserved better. And I really did. I do deserve better. I deserve to be treated like a human being. Like I matter. I was in a relationship where it was one sided and deep down I knew this. I just did not want to accept the fact that I was not happy in my marriage. That I wanted something totally different then what I had. I did not want to accept change. Change is hard. Very hard.
I have been through many ups and downs throughout my marriage. I have struggled and went through many changes with him. I thought we had been through the worst times, but I was dead wrong. I did not see this coming at all. About 3 weeks before he told me, I started noticing weird things. He would not talk to me. He would not look at me. He didn’t want to be home. He always wanted to go over to his friend’s house, which was her boyfriend at the time. I never in a million years thought that she would do this to me. She even told me once that she would never go after my husband because she loved me and treasured our friendship.
Each day that goes by, I get stronger. I have a strong support system around me constantly and I am so grateful for this. My kids are also helping me stay strong. I don’t want them to see their mother crying or in pain. I don’t want to cry or be in pain anymore. I have tried to let go of all the anger. Some days it is easy and others it is not. I have basically had to start over. It has been good and bad. I am struggling to find a full time job at the moment but I have faith that something will come through. But the best part of all this is gaining freedom. I started dating my husband when I had just turned 18 and married him soon after. We have three WONDERFUL kids together so I have always been focused on my kids and him. I really never took the time for myself that I so desperately needed.
Since he has been gone, I am starting to find myself again and I am liking it. When he has the kids, I am free to do whatever I want to. It is a nice feeling to just go out and have some fun. Or just hang out at the house in my pjs watching movies. It is nice not to have to worry about his problems anymore. It is nice to be able to focus on what I want out of life. IT IS NICE TO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER TO HIM ANYMORE!
So, I am looking for YOUR thoughts! Have you been through something like this before? What did you do to help yourself cope? Do you have kids? How did you help your kids cope? Was you able to keep it civil with the other person?
Haley and Amberly are huge fairy fans so I know they will be stoked about this new movie! Disneytoon Studio’s new adventure “The Pirate Fairy” features Zarina, a smart and ambitious dust-keep fairy whose wild ideas get her into trouble. And according to filmmakers, a fairy with such an outgoing personality called for a very special musical accompaniment.
“We are lucky enough to have award-winning Natasha Bedingfield serve as the inner voice of Zarina through her songs,” says Peggy Holmes, director of “The Pirate Fairy.” “Zarina is a little offbeat and contemporary and these songs showcase her personality so well. We used on of Natasha’s songs, ‘Weightless,’ as a temp track and fell in love with it – so much so, we decided to use it in the final film. We felt Natasha’s voice so perfectly spoke to Zarina’s character, we asked her to also perform our original song ‘Who I Am,’ which was written for ‘The Pirate Fairy.'”
Disney’s The Pirate Fairy Releases on Blu-Ray Combo Pack on April 1!
From the world of “Peter Pan” comes “The Pirate Fairy,” a swashbuckling new adventure about Zarina (voice of Christina Hendricks), a smart and ambitious dust-keeper fairy who’s captivated by Blue Pixie Dust and its endless possibilities. When Zarina’s wild ideas get her into trouble, she flees Pixie Hollow and joins forces with the scheming pirates of Skull Rock, who make her captain of their ship. Tinker Bell (voice of Mae Whitman) and her friends must embark on an epic adventure to find Zarina, and together they go sword-to-sword with the band of pirates led by a cabin boy named James (voice of Tom Hiddleston), who’ll soon be known as Captain Hook himself. With laughter, heart, magic and thrills, “The Pirate Fairy” sets sail April 1, 2014.
If you have ever lived in Knoxville, Tennessee then you know that snow comes around rarely. I can only remember one HUGE snow storm and that was when I was around 6-7 years old! Yesterday out of nowhere we had a crazy snow storm hit! I was in the middle of the country area at a doctor’s appointment when the snow decided to hit. And when Mother Nature decided that it was going to snow, it really started coming down.
I was informed from the nurses that our schools was letting out at 11. It was almost 10 and I still had to wait for them to give Cayden his shots. I was there for his 1 year check up. Can you believe he is 1?! Insert super sad mommy face! It usually takes me around 20 minutes to get from the doctor’s office to my side of town. It took me an hour and a half to get to the school! AN HOUR AND A HALF! It wasn’t the snow that was holding me up. It was the ice and slick roads! The roads was not salted before the snow hit so it froze over rather quickly.
The school system also held a news conference concerning what happened yesterday. They said it took 4 hours to get 50,000 kids home! Bus could not run and the police force was called in to take students home. I have lived here all my life and never been through anything like this! It has been crazy! But there was no school today because of the road conditions and we got a phone call today stating there is no school tomorrow. 2 snow days in a row?! It is unheard of here!
Haley and Amberly is loving it though! I am not. School time is the only time I get a break from 3 kids! I know, I know! I loved snow days when I was in school but I never got several in a row! I know now how my mother felt! LOL.
You can tell that my kids are LOVING staying home and not going to “stinky” (as Haley says) school!